Monday, July 31, 2006

Doctor Howard Ulrich Fields Eeling

Since I was three Dr. Howard U. F. Eeling have been my doctor. According to my dad he was a good friend of my mother, but my mother said Dr. Howard U. F. Eeling was a good friend of my dad. So seeing they both denied their acquaintance with my Doctor, I found it best to not ask any questions.

But unfortunately, he asked me.

"So, Ms. Twain Broomshead" he said, in the usual 'let's start' tone of voice. "How is your mother?" I was taken aback to be honest, didn't expect him to ask about my mum. -"she''s" I said, "She's fine" I said, searching his PhD-face for answers. -"I'm glad to hear" He said. "She hasn't" He looked down at his hands and hesitated "erhm. mentioned me, has she?" he asked. I was being rude, but I couldn't help it. - "No!" I said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world (as it was!) He didn't seem offended at all by my rude behaviour. Just shuffled some papers and looked me right in the eyes. I couldn't look away.

- "Your mum and I" he said. His eyes just widening slightly, "we were made for each other". I was expecting some dramatic explanations, a wild accusation perhaps, some huge gesticulations and a few loud words. But he said nothing. He simply grabbed his pen, clicked it and didn't mention what we had just talked about.

With my purse full of new pills and medications and the worlds most puzzled expression glued to my face, I left Dr. Howard U. F. Eeling's office this morning.

I really have no idea what he was going on about. My mum? And my doctor?

That's just gross!

//an upset Fran

No comments: