Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Equilibrium

The state where everything is perfectly balanced.

I can't say that's anything near the state in which I'm right now. Everything around me seems turbulent in some way, especially loosing a job last week and all the courses I had to catch up with in addition.
The only good thing that actually came out of getting a new phobia (though my doctor has now seemed to cure me from this through hours of phone-therapy) was a closer contact with Xander.

Yesterday I was at a new class again, this was for people suffering with Obsessive-Compulsive disorders, it's called Clear-path - "Your way out of the maze", and it surprised me with showing progress among the group already on my first night there!

It was all very quiet, we were having a little break, drinking cheap tea and just chatting silently. Though for those too disordered to be able to keep a conversation these breaks were spent rocking back and forth in their chairs like cramped fetuses.
Among the silence a very pale person got up, his name-tag was a different colour from all us others, so I figured he was attempting the wrong course. That, though, didn't seem to affect him the least. The room hurried into empty silence and he was standing straight like a monument.

"I now realise that I've been captured within my own mind" he said, his eyes were shiny and his voice shook. "I -I now realise" he continued. "T-that, I'm not a jellyfish anymore".

"- I'm a dumpster with a radar".

Clearly puzzled I sat absent-mindedly through my next classes, I thought I'd already seen a lot of crazy things.
Though apparently,
I had not.

//Frannie

No comments: